+

Monday, February 22, 2016

THE ELEENA DRESS


I was so thrilled to be able to test Coffee and Thread’s new pattern: the Eleena Dress. I love Olga’s designs! I made the Mulberry tunic a zillion times (you can see some versions here, here and here) and it is still one of my favorite patterns ever. So, when Olga invited the testers to join the tour, I couldn't say no. 

Olga’s patterns are very clever and beautifully made. It is such a pleasure to use a pattern where everything matches perfectly.


The Eleena dress is a 1960’s inspired dress that features an inverted pleat in the front...



... and an invisible zipper in the back.



There are three sleeve options to choose from: short sleeve, long sleeves with cuffs and flutter sleeves. The dress also comes with a very original collar. 

In this version I went with a sleeveless version and no collar, which I also find adorable. I wanted to make a summer dress and I am really happy with the result.


The floral fabric is a cotton lawn (Kaufman London Calling Lawn Tight Floral Garden) bought here. The red fabric used for the front pleat and the lining is from Joann's.


The pattern is available in sizes 2 to 12. I made size 8 for my tall 6 and 1/2 year-old and I think the fit is perfect.














The Eleena Dress pattern tour starts today and will go on until March 7. Here is the list of amazing bloggers that will be joining the tour. Be sure to check their versions.

February, 22 
February, 24
February, 26
February, 29
March, 2
March, 4
March, 7
Les Reloux, Just Add Fabric, Lokakid, While she was sleeping

The Eleena dress will be on sale for US $7.00 (regular price US$ 9.00) through March 7th, 11:59 EST. 

There is also a giveaway!! Please be sure to use the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win two patterns of choice and one yard of Sara Jane fabric (photo below).


a Rafflecopter giveaway

Good luck!

7 comments:

Ajaire Parello said...

The floral fabric is lovely! That is the perfect shape for a summery dress :)

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

I love it so much! Just perfection! And is it summer yet!? Love the fabric you used, very pretty. Thank you so much for being on the tour!

Mie Brindle said...

Such a beautiful and perfect for spring (or all-year-around-Texas-summer) version!

Andreia Salgueiro said...

Love that fabric and the colors, she´s so pretty in it! <3

Emi Otsubo said...

Wow, this is such a pretty, spring-ready version! I love how you made it sleeveless. (And on another note, wow how did I miss all your amazing Mulberry Tunics!!)

Skirt Fixation said...

Very sweet dress! It reminds me of spring too. I'm off to check out your Mulberry Tunics now.

Linda Forager said...

It looks so cute. Really unusual design too. Love the inverted pleat look.

Post a Comment