+

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

INDIGO BOHO BLOUSE


My resolution for 2016 is to sew more for myself and so far I have been true to that. I went to Barnes and Noble the other day and when spotted this Japanese sewing book, I could not resist it! It is Simply Sewn by Michiyo Ito.


The book contains 31 very different patterns, from dresses, to pants, blouses, shorts, cardigans, scarfs, shawls, bags, etc.  As in all Japanese sewing books, the design is simple, timeless and beautiful. 


But what really caught my eye and made me bu the book immediately (it is much cheaper to get it from Amazon) was this Boho Blouse and the reason was because I had the perfect fabric in my stash to make it! 


I bought this indigo stripped cotton fabric back in November, in my last trip to Lisbon. It is from a local store named Feira dos Tecidos. The fabric is soft and lightweight and the colors are gorgeous. 


The blouse is very easy and quick to sew, mainly because it has no sleeves! Sleeves and the front are one single piece! I love it. I made it in the smallest size and the fit is perfect. The blouse, however, is very roomy and may not very flattering, but it is so comfortable that I am sure I will be wearing it time and time again!  


Hope you liked it!

10 comments:

inesmelo said...

I absolutely LOVE this! Looks amazing on you and the fabric is perfect. <3

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Thank you my dear!! It means a lot! I bought it with you remember? ;-)

Marta said...

Love it! Great fabric for the pattern. It looks amazing (and super comfy) on you!)

Fatima Fraile @ Conversas de Hermanas said...

Brilliant! And it looks so comfy! It's the kind of clothes i like wearing :-)

Andreia Salgueiro said...

Gaah it's perfect! I've been eyeing that book and now you'll make me buy it hehe!

Emi Otsubo said...

I love this blouse so much. That fabric is perfect. You are making me want to get this book!!! Oh no!! ;)

Shawna Glover said...

I have been thinking of making this blouse too, thanks for posting about it. It looks wonderful on you!

Celina said...

I almost bought this book last week and now I am kicking myself for not getting it! This is lovely and that blue is gorgeous.

Unknown said...

What size do you usually wear? I'm trying to figure out how the sizing works...

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Hi! I usually wear a size 10! Hope it helps. :-)

Post a Comment