+

Friday, October 23, 2015

PORTUGUESE BLOGGERS SEW OTTOBRE

Ottobre Design, the Finnish sewing magazine is celebrating its 15th anniversary this year. As such, a group of 15 Portuguese sewing bloggers friends thought that it could be fun if all of us would sew a project from a magazine. We have been thinking about this for a while, but October just seemed the right month to do it. 



This was the first time that I sewed something from Ottobre Design. There are mainly two reasons for this. On the one hand, I can't easily find them here in the US, at least at a reasonable price, hence I only have two issues. On the other hand, most of the patterns that can be found in the magazine are designed for knits and I don't usually sew with knits, I guess I am more of a woven person. 


That said, I am very very happy with the pattern that I chose.  




I opted for a knit dress from Issue No. 4/2015. The dress has a very simple design, but the front pin tuck and the side pockets make it really special. 




I used a grey knit for the dress and quilted knit with hearts for the pockets. Both fabrics are from Joann's. 




After finishing the dress, the collar seemed way too simple, so I decided to make a reversible collar, using the quilting knit on one side and some liberty tana lawn cotton on the other side.  






I don't usually use knits, so I was a bit worried with the outcome, but after Teresa tried it, I was totally convinced.




I think the dress is comfortable, but chic! I also absolutely love the pockets.


I can't resist to share with you a cute photo from "behind the scenes". She was so excited with the photo shoot! She really loved her new dress! 


There is an amazing giveaway* running along with this tour! Ottobre design was very kind – a thank you so much for your generosity!

Seven lucky readers from all of the participants blogs will win one of the following: 
  • five one-year subscriptions for Ottobre magazine (kids+women’s issues)
  • one gift card of 50 euros to Ottobre’s fabric shop on Etsy
  • one gift card of 30 euros to Maças d’Amor fabric shop (where you can find nani IRO, Cotton and Steel, Dashwood Studio, Soft Cactus prints and many more), brought to you by all the Portuguese bloggers participating on this tour. :) 
The giveaway will be open from October 15th to October 29th. Enter the Rafflecopter below for a chance to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway


*Open internationally. You must have +18 years old to enter. Void were prohibited by law.
Now, don't forget to check out all other participants in this series. I am sure you will be amazed and so inspired by their creations!  
Thursday, October 15  DoGuincho
Friday, October 16 – Miss Castelinhos  |  Rita Pirolita
Monday, October 19 – In a Manner of Sewing  |  Conversas de Hermanas
Tuesday, October 20 – Fairies, Bubbles & Co.  |  Maças d’Amor
Wednesday, October 21 – Made by Sara  |  Saídos da Concha
Thursday, October 22 – Pico Pico  |  Pequeno Mundo a 3+1
Friday, October 23 – S is for Sewing  |  Sew Happy
Monday, October 26 – La Folie Sewing Booth  |  House of Estrela

13 comments:

Andreia Salgueiro said...

That´s a great pattern, oh my, I love that pintuck and heart quilted knit?! POW! She looks the cutest girl in it and the collar is the cherry on top! LOOOVE IT!

inesmelo said...

I LOOOVE this so much!!! You know I'm a knit person and this is brilliant, such a great pattern choice and fabric pairing! I love everything and you did a great job! I really like the pink contrast. And I love to see how happy she looks. <3

Frances Suzanne said...

This is darling!! Simple . . . and classic . . .

fairiesbubblesco said...

I agree with you, the dress looks so comfortable but chic and the details are adorable!! Love how the collar turned out with the liberty fabric, perfect ;-)

Patricia B said...

So sweet Soraia! This dress is great! And I totally love that you made the collar reversible with liberty! E a expressão dela a olhar para o vestido dá cabo de mim, que olhar guloso <3 ah ah ah

teresa said...

I wonder if I could make this one for me! ;)

Joana Carapinha said...

��☝

Rita said...

Adoro o vestido! Ficou mesmo bem nesse tecido! A tua filha e demais, mesmo fofa!

sisforsewing said...

Super fab sewing!!
Love this style on Teresa <3 I think I would wear it as well :)

Diana said...

Está lindoooo! Adoro os bolsos! E a gola ficou demais! Tens que usar malhas mais vezes! :D

Paula Spranger Pereira said...

Adorei, que molde lindo e cores tão doces!
💕💕

Magda E. said...

Que vestido lindo Soraia, uma peça que eu ia adorar ter tanto no guarda roupa da minha filha como no meu. A gola ainda veio dar mais charme. ;)

Tânia said...

Gostei muito deste vestido, tem um ar tão quentinho e confortável. Adorei o pormenor do tecido acolchoado dos bolsos e a gola reversível. Simple and Chic indeed ��

Post a Comment