+

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Summer Sewing - Part I


It has been a while, I know... I have been sewing, but taking photographs has been proving to be a very difficult task. Teresa hasn't been on a mood, and I think I should not insist on this. Earlier this week, after folowing a friendly advice, I decided to bribe her and it worked!!! It was a really small bribe, so I am sure no harm is done.

Last month I had to go to NY on work and was able to squeeze in some time to visit a few fabric stores. My first stop was Purl Soho. The store is very tiny (I was expecting someting bigger, after all, I live in Houston and I am kind of getting used to Texas sizes), but everything in this store is adorable. I don't knit, so I only had interest in half of the store. I found the selection of fabrics, beautiful, but small. There is a pretty good selection of liberty prints, though, but they are quite pricy (as I would expect in the US). But what I really loved to find in the store were some garments sewed with their free patterns. Their patterns are all so great that I just wanted to go home to try them all.

I started with the Kids Gathered Summer Top and the City Gym Shorts. Both patterns are very easy and quick to sew, but does not not mean that they are not lovely. I love them both.


For the top I used some Liberty cotton lawn purchased at the store and the shorts are made with a lightweight denim from Joanns. Both fabrics are very very soft and I really like how they turned out. 



My favorite piece are the shorts, and I want to make dozens of them. They are confortable and so cute!

Here is how they look on Teresa.











We are currently enjoying our summer vacations in Portugal. I guess you can tell by the pictures that they are having the time of their lives! 



10 comments:

Emi said...

I love this set so much! I've made the shorts, too, and my daughter loves them. She often wears them underneath her kindergarten uniform.

Diana said...

O conjunto perfeito para as férias... Fresco e leve! Boas férias!

Patricia B said...

Adoro! Cada vez mais convencida a fazer uns calções desses para a pequena... bem, talvez mais que uns! ;-)

Marta said...

Perfeito! Os City Gym Shorts são um dos meus moldes favoritos deste verão e os teus estão perfeitos. A túnica também é tão gira. Tenho que fazer umas para as minhas filhas (até já sei em que tecidos e tudo!)

Soraia said...

Thank you Emi. These shorts are really great!

Soraia said...

Obrigada Diana!! As férias entretanto já acabaram... :-(

Soraia said...

Obrigada! Faz! São super rápidos! Vais adorar!

Soraia said...

Obrigada Marta! Quero ver as tuas versões!! ;-)

With love - by Eva said...

If I would ever have the opportunity to visit NY, I already have a lot of shops on my list! I like the shorts, and your pictures are adorable!

fairiesbubblesco said...

Que conjunto giro, adorei!! O top ficou lindo, perfeito para o verão e os calções também ficaram mesmo giros :-)

Post a Comment