+

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer is here!

Summer has definitively arrived to Houston. The days are getting really hot so the kids are in desperate need of light clothes. This means that I need to get my hands on new fabric and produce new clothes!! Also, we will be going to Portugal next month on vacation and I need to get their summer wardrobe done really fast! 

Last week I managed to sew Teresa a blouse and a skirt. I really love how they turned out. 



I think this outfit totally defines my style. I prefer loose fit tops (that is why you won´t see many knits around here) and I love skirts and dresses (though I admit that shorts are much better to play). Finally, I prefer light colors to dark ones (won't see much black around here... ;-).





The pattern chosen for the tunic is Citronille's Marie. This was one of the first patterns that I bought. It is really easy and you can make a beautiful (in my opinion, of course) piece of clothes in an hour or so. 


The fabric used in this tunic is a cotton lawn from Robert Kaufman, from the new "London Calling" collection. I love it! 

For the skirt, I was looking for inspiration on pinterest when I found this free pattern from Purl Soho


It is a very simple gathered skirt with two big side pockets. I used a cotton linen blend in a light pink. I think the skirt may work better in a lighter fabric.   

Here is Teresa in her new outfit. The pictures are not the best, sorry...









Hope you liked it!

14 comments:

fairiesbubblesco said...

Marie was also one of the first patterns I bought and one of my favourite patterns as well ;-)
Love the tunic and the fabric choice, it is beautiful :-)

Conversas de Hermanas said...

Adoro!!!! Fica mesmo gira a Teresa! Can't wait to met you in Portugal!

sisforsewing said...

Tudo lindo!! Eu também sou fã de cores claras, principalmente neles ;)
Esta semana já fiz 2 blusas Marie, mas acho que não vou resistir a fazer mais uma (ainda por cima, tenho este tecido e é mesmo maravilhoso ....).
Nas minhas usei elástico no decote e também resulta muito bem.

Tam Tam said...

What a lovely outfit! I also love loose fit tops for my little girl :-)

Paula said...

O conjunto ficou mesmo giro. O tecido da túnica é qualquer coisa. Parabéns!

Soraia said...

Obrigada!! Já falta pouco para nos conhecermos ;-)

Soraia said...

Obrigada Maria João! :-)

Soraia said...

Obrigada! Boa dica essa do elástico... vou experimentar! :-)

Soraia said...

Thank you!!

Soraia said...

Obrigada!! :-)

Andreia Salgueiro said...

Adoro o tecido da túnica e também estou para fazer essa saia da Purl Soho, já fiz os calções e são top! E moldes Citronille são sempre uma perdição <3

Tânia said...

O tecido da blusa é muito bonito mas adoro o da saia. E acheibo máximo, o pormenorbdo botão forrado com a flor do tecido. Lindo!

Tânia said...

O tecido da blusa é muito bonito mas adoro o da saia. E achei o máximo, o pormenor do botão forrado com a flor do tecido. Lindo!

paula Spranger said...

A túnica é linda, e o conjunto fica mesmo um mimo :)

Post a Comment