+

Thursday, February 5, 2015

KIDS CLOTHES WEEK - DAY 5

It's Kids Clothes Week!!! You probably know the rules by now: sew 1 hour a day for 7 days! This season, the theme (non mandatory) is "Recycle". Although I would love the opportunity to do some recycling again the truth is I don´t currently have any clothes that I could re-use. This is normally good - I love the fact that in our new house we only have the things that we actually need, nothing more nothing less - but in this case it would be real fun to make some refashion again. As such, this time I could not follow the theme. 


Anyway, although I have been able to sew around an hour each day I haven't been able to accomplish a lot. Also, my girl is sick, with a bug in her tummy, so I wasn't able to get her to try her new skirt and take pictures. Luckily I bought a dress form a week a go and it arrived just in time for me to show Teresa's new skirt. Here it is:




I did not use any pattern this time. I saw a similar skirt in a girl on Instagram and I though it was just too cute and easy to put together. Basically, it is a gathered skirt with a waistband with elastic in the back. 



In my opinion, the cutest details are the braces and the wood buttons.





I used a lightweight denim from Joann's. It is very soft... and that's it! Simple, easy and quick to sew. By the way the top is the Hemlock Top that I made a couple of months ago. You can check it here. In here I  love it! I am hoping Teresa loves it too. 



14 comments:

Diana said...

A saia está linda, vai adorar com certeza! Adoro o pormenor do folho na manga. As melhoras da princesa!

Marta said...

Gira que se farta, esta saia!
As melhoras da Teresinha!

fairiesbubblesco said...

Adorei a saia! Além de gira é prática e super versátil ;-)
As melhoras da Teresa.

Conversas de Hermanas said...

Adoro o kit! Esta espectacular!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Diana! :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada! A Teresinha já está boa e já usou a saia. Adorou! ;-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Maria João! :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Rita, que querida! :-)

Magda E. said...

Que gira, gostei do styling =D e espero que a Teresa esteja melhor.

Magda E. said...

Que gira, gostei do styling =D e espero que a Teresa esteja melhor.

sewingforminime.blogspot.pt said...

Olá Soraia, parabéns! As duas peças estão girissimas, mas gostei especialmente da blusa, super prática mas querida, como eu prefiro. Acho que vou tentar fazer também, vamos ver!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Muito obrigada! :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Magda! Já está óptima! Bjs

Conversas de Hermanas said...

You did not use a pattern for this one? Really? Well... you are a pro seamstress! It looks perfect. I want one. Straight to my to do's list. (Fatima)

Post a Comment