+

Thursday, December 11, 2014

YET ANOTHER ASTER CARDIGAN

I have only recently started to sew with knits. I always thought one needed a professional sewing machine and professional skills to sew with knits, so this was something that I never thought I would try. I have said it before: I couldn´t be more wrong! Though I have a serger, one does not really need a serger to make a t-shirt. Anyway, for me, sewing with knits went from a intimidating idea to an addiction. I can't get enough of it...

Although I have a ton of projects that I want to make with knits... I couldn't resist trying another version of Willow and Co's Aster Cardigan. I had some trouble with my first version, not because of the pattern, which is GREAT, but because of the fabric that was very slippery. You can see that version here. This time, I used a mid-weight cotton knit from Joann’s and the fabric was much easier to work with. It is far from perfect (don't look too closer to the collar, please!), but I will get there! :-)





The original pattern as a 3/4 sleeve and is short, so, to be worn during winter, I decided to increase the length of both the top and the sleeves for about two inches. Once again, the fit was perfect and very comfortable! Teresa loves it! 











 Hope you like it too! :-)

5 comments:

Patricia B said...

Eu gosto! Está super amoroso e a gola contribui largamente para isso! ;-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Patricia!! :-)

fairiesbubblesco said...

Gosto tanto! E a Teresa fica tão querida com ele :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Maria! :-)

ritapirolita said...

Tão fofa. A Teresinha é uma verdadeira fashionista, até pendurada nas barras do parque tem estilo :-)

Post a Comment