+

Saturday, November 29, 2014

THANKSGIVINGS OUTFITS

Although I have not been blogging about it, I have been sewing a lot. Yet, my kids are not always into taking pictures, so sometimes it is really hard to sew, dress them, take pictures and blog about it shortly after. I know you can relate to this! Anyway, I managed to sew complete outfits for Teresa and Manuel for Thanksgiving. I made two shirts and two shorts! 



For Manuel I (once again) used Citronille's Balthasar shirt pattern. I like the cut and the fit of this shirt so I keep on doing it over and over again. This time, to be able to match it with Teresa's blouse, I used a different fabric in the placket. I also used some wood buttons. I loved the result. 





For Teresa I used (also once again! Don't get me wrong I purchase a lot of new patterns, but once I get one that I like, I like to test different versions of it) the Compagnie M's Mara Blouse. This is a great pattern, I already blogged about it here


The fabric used for both shirts are white viyella purchased here and a beautiful Japanese floral cotton lawn from Farmhouse fabrics.


I wanted to coordinate the shirts with some shorts, since the weather still allows it. For Manuel I used the Two Haute Shorts pattern (Thank you Rita (Conversas de Hermanas) for the tip!). This pattern is great, it has three versions: shorts with or without the sash and a skort, this way it can be adapted for both boys and girls. The shorts are very easy and quick to sew and the result is perfect! 




For Teresa I made Willow and Co.'s Clover shorts. I have been wanting to sew these shorts for a while and finally manged to do it. The instructions are very very clear, and I loved the result. They are very loose, so perfect for playing around. Teresa loved them. I will definitely be making some more!  



For both shorts, I used a lightweight green corduroy from Joann's.


Here are the two with their new outfits! Aren't they cute?











11 comments:

fairiesbubblesco said...

Que queridos :-) As blusas e os calções ficaram muito giros! Ficam mesmo bem a combinar ;-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada! 😊

Sara said...

Que giros! Os conjuntos a condizer ficaram o máximo! Fizeste um óptimo uso e re-uso dos moldes, e de conjugação entre eles - fantástico!

Patricia B said...

Estão tão giros Soraia! E essa Mara blouse está fantástica, gosto mesmo muito dos botões a condizer!

Rita Vasques said...

Adoro! Ficaram um máximo! Sempre que vejo uma dessas tuas camisas para o Manel fico com vontade de comprar o molde!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Rita! Sabes que este tem versão rapariga (sem colarinho) e rapaz! É óptimo!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada! Foi a primeira vez que forrei botões e fiquei fã! :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada!! :-)

inesmelo said...

Amorosos! E está tudo uma perfeição. Adoro a cor da bombazina.

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Inês, que querida! :-)

sisforsewing said...

Ficaram super giros - adoro irmãos a combinar (sem ser iguais), embora nem sempre eles estejam de acordo!
E que tempo maravilhoso - kits quase de primavera :)

Post a Comment