+

Saturday, November 8, 2014

I (HEART) MARCEL MARLIER



Well, I have a confession to make. I have been discussing with my husband for well over a year whether or not I should create a blog to record the thinks I sew for my children. Somehow, I never had the urge to do it... that was until I read about the I (heart) Marcel Marlier sew along! So, basically, what motivated me to create a blog was the opportunity to participate in this sew along! And why, you may ask? Well, I believe I read all books ever written by Marcel Marlier for the "Anita" collection. I still have all those books at my parents' house in Portugal and this book collection was probably the first collection I have ever made. So, for me, this sew along, was the kick that I needed to make this blog!
So, my idea was to try to recreate, as close as possible, an outfit wore by Anita in one of those books. I don't have any book at home here in the US, so, I had to stick with what I was able to find online. One of the first images that I found was one of Anita with a boy. I thought it would be perfect: I would get to sew not only for Teresa but also for Manuel! Here is the picture that I used as an inspiration:




Due to the weather conditions around here, I have not been able to take pictures of Teresa and Manuel outside. I wanted to go to a park to try to recreate the picture above, but it is too cold for that now, meaning that I had to improvise an indoor photo-shoot. Teresa is always ready for a photo, but Manuel hates it, so getting a picture of two together was really hard.















For Teresa's dress, I used red corduroy (Kaufman 21 Wale Corduroy) and seersucker in plaid for the lining (Kaufman plaid seersucker). The pattern is Straight-grain's Hanami top or dress. This pattern is great. I have already sewed the Hanami top (you can check it here) and this time I made the dress version with the invisible zipper. It was the first time that I included a zipper in clothes and, surprisingly, I found it very easy to do (maybe it was just beginners luck...). I really like the way it turned out, it is very elegant and fits beautifully. I made it in size 7 (though Teresa is a size 6), so that she can use it during the winter with a blouse or a sweater underneath.  







For Manuel I decided for a tunic and pants. For the tunic I used Willow and Co's Mulberry Tunic in white linen (I already showed this tunic here).



For the pants I decided to try Citronille's Ursule pants, also in linen, bought here. I love these pants, they are very easy and quick to sew and are super comfortable and cool for both a boy or a girl. I love the way they fit Manuel. 

I am really happy with the two outfits! :-) Hope you like it too!








13 comments:

fairiesbubblesco said...

Que giros :-) Estão os dois com um verdadeiro look Anita!
Que curioso, também acabei de instalar os meus primeiros fechos invisíveis!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada! :-)

Petite Bout de Chou said...

So very cute!

ritapirolita said...

Tão queridos os manos <3

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Thank you! I also loved your version! ;-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

:-) Obrigada!

Patricia B said...

Estão o máximo! Com cenário e tudo, o trabalho que isso não deve ter dado! ;-) Gosto imenso do interior do vestido a contrastar com o rosa!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Patricia! De facto, o vestido parece rosa nas fotos mas é encarnado na vida real ! ;-)

Conversas de Hermanas said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Conversas de Hermanas said...

Mega producçao... As fotos ficaram mesmo giras!!!! Adoro os kits!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada! :-)

Magda E. said...

estou apaixonada pela roupa do Manel. o vestido tb está giro, mas eu gostei mm foi da roupa dele =)

Olga Becker @ Kid Approved said...

They are both so so cute! I love it!

Post a Comment