+

Monday, October 27, 2014

THE HEMLOCK TOP

I am not a big fan of dressing by girl with sweatshirts… I prefer tunics and dresses, even for her to take to pre-school. She is very girly and is always asking me to dress her with dresses, so we're happy like this. But when I first saw the Hemlock Top I completely fell for it. It can be a sweatshirt but it has ruffles... so, it is not just a sweatshirt, it is “The” sweatshirt! I love E&E patterns! I have sewed a couple of Bohemian babydoll dress that I adore (I will be making a post about these in a few days ;-)).

Anyway when I saw the pattern, I instantly knew what I wanted to sew: a tiny floral knit print with the ruffles in white cotton... but I was not able to find the knit I wanted in my local shop :-( so I had to stick with stripes. Here it is:


I really like how it turned out! The top is very easy to put together and since this was my second time working with knits (you can see my version of the Aster Cardigan here), I think it was a good decision. The fit was ok (not perfect in the collar...) and I think Teresa likes it.








I managed to find two beautiful (I hope... with online shopping you never really know) floral knit prints and I and definitely going to try more versions of this top. This is definitely a pattern to repeat in my quest to dominate knits! :-)

9 comments:

Patricia B said...

Está mesmo gira! Eu gosto muito destas combinações e uma que adoro é riscas e flores (coisa que há uns anos atrás me parecia a coisa mais pirosa de todos os tempos)... :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Eu também adoro! Ainda andei à procura no meu "stash", mas não encontrei nada que ficasse bem!

sisforsewing said...

Gosto muito - as riscas ficam sempre bem e as flores são sempre a mesma perdição :)

Conversas de Hermanas said...

Adoro! Depois de ver o vestido da Marta fiquei com vontade de comprar esta pattern.... e agora a tua sweatshirt... vou ter mesmo que comprar! :)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

:-)

fairiesbubblesco said...

Ficou tão gira!! Prática como uma sweatshirt, mas super feminina ;-)

ritapirolita said...

Super confortável e super queque... that's a win-win in my book ;-)

Magda E. said...

Oh gostei tanto... eu adoro tudo o q tenha riscas e/ou bolas... os moldes da Heidi são sempre tão giros.

Post a Comment