+

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

KWC DAY 1 - THE MULBERRY TUNIC

KCW is here! Yeah! I really love the idea behind KCW and I feel pretty excited to be able participate in these projects. Everyone is sewing like mad and showing off their great costumes. So much happens in a week, not only I try to sew every day as fast as I can to try to finish a project, but also I am always checking out new patterns and projects made by other sewists. I always end up with a lot of ideas for new projects and discover new bloggers to follow! It is really great.

So far, I have only been able to finish one project: The Mulberry Tunic from Kid Approved for Willow and Co.. I made it in a size 3, (Manel turned 3 this month). I used a fine linen in white and I think it turned out pretty cool. This tunic is really great, it has a lot of details, which gives it such a professional look. I pretty much followed the instructions and only made one tiny bit change: instead of using 4 buttons, I used 3. I only had 3 buttons and had no time to go to Joann’s, but, now I think that I like it even better this way!
I already have the fabric cut to make a similar tunic for Teresa… J


Unfortunately I couldn't convince Manel to wear the shirt this morning... I will try to take other pictures later today.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Soraia! Fico tão contente por teres um blog!! Vou ser a seguidora #1! Gosto tanto das tuas costuras... O molde Mulberry é fantástico, não é? Super profissional. Gosto muito, muito, desta tua versão!

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Sara!! Que querida! Fiquei tão contente quando vi os teus comentários. Muito obrigada! Eu também adoro as coisas que tu fazes (muito mais croma que eu!)!

Post a Comment