+

Saturday, October 25, 2014

KCW DAY 5: PINK ANGEL



This KCW has been quite fruitful: I've managed to sew a shirt for Manel, a cardigan for Teresa and today I finished a blouse also for Teresa. I still have a couple of more projects that I would like to finish, though. ;-)
There is no such thing as too much pink! At least not for me not and for Teresa! That is why I had to buy this Japanese print as soon as I saw it. It a very very soft cotton lawn that I found at Farmhouse fabrics (definitely one of my favorite online stores!). For the pattern, I used the Papillon & Mandarine's Angel Blouse pattern, with a couple of modifications.






I only finished the garment after dinner and Teresa was already in her night gown, but she was sweet enough to accept to put on the new blouse so that I could take a few pics. :-)












I really like this pattern. It has nice details (that you cannot really spot because of the floral print), but very easy and quick to make. I only made two modifications: intead of using the original stripe to close the collar, I used elastic, and used a off-white cotton fabric for the sleeves, just to add some more details.
This is not the first time that I use this pattern. I made two versions last winter.
In the first version, I made no modifications (except adding some ric rac to the sleeves):







In my second version: I used the elastic in the collar and also embelished the sleeves.




Anyway, it is a great pattern for fall and winter and I am definitely going to use it again.
Hope you like it!

8 comments:

fairiesbubblesco said...

Está mesmo amorosa! Muito gira :-)
Maria

Patricia B said...

ah ah ah ... na minha casa o rosa também nunca é demais! Estão muito giras as três versões! :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Maria! :-)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada Patrícia! :-)

sisforsewing said...

Tenho de voltar a fazer este molde - gostei muito das tuas versões :)

Soraia de Sousa Mendes said...

Obrigada! :-)

ritapirolita said...

As miúdas ficam tão giras com esta blusa <3

Magda E. said...

se calhar porque o rosa não é das coisas que mais gosto, eu gostei muito mais do 2º, mas estão ambos amorosos.

Post a Comment